593 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick, NJ 08816 | Main Office: 732-238-3202; Vestibular/Balance: 732-937-8655read more
Do you feel the sudden urge to urinate? Does a cough or a sneeze cause a leak? Do you experience pelvic pain during intercourse?
The Pelvic Floor and Incontinence Program offers patients the opportunity to receive a comprehensive diagnosis, thorough consultation, assessment and treatment in a private, supportive environment.
Conditions treated include:
- Urgency urinary incontinence
- Stress urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Painful bladder conditions
- Genitourinary fistula
- Pregnancy and postpartum pelvic floor dysfunction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Bowel dysfunction, constipation and fecal incontinence
Physical therapists are healthcare providers with advanced training in restoring function in the human body. They can evaluate and treat your spine, pelvis and all associated joints and muscles for pain, weakness and dysfunction.
Treatment options may include:
- Biofeedback to assess the strength of the pelvic floor muscles and train them
- Electrical stimulation to strengthen weak muscles
- Bladder retraining and behavioral modifications
- Advanced manual therapy techniques to relieve stress in the abdominal and pelvic floor muscles, soft tissue and deep visceral mobilization
- Assessment of posture, strength and flexibility
- Customized exercise program to promote optimal musculoskeletal health
- Consultation on the use of supportive bracing for ligamentous laxity