Feeling shortness of breath is a frightening experience. Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program seeks to slow down and minimize progression of the debilitating symptoms of lung disease by combining exercise with education, breathing retraining, and nutritional counseling.
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation program seeks to:
- Reduce shortness of breath and the anxiety it brings
- Increase exercise tolerance and ability to perform normal daily activities
- Increase understanding of particular lung disorders
- Teach the proper use of respiratory medications and breathing techniques
- Reduce the possibility of hospitalizations
Through a carefully planned, integrated and individualized program of supervised physical conditioning, exercise, and education, physical capacity is increased and the patient is taught to cope with the special problems of lung disorders.
Pulmonary therapy is available for lung disorders including:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
Therapy is also available for lung transplant and lung reduction candidates, as well as for those whose shortness of breath compromises their lifestyle.